New Website Setup Checklist
- Set up Google Analytics and Search Console using the email@example.com account (or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set it up).
- Turn on Meta Tag Module and add meta tag description for home page.
- Turn on Search and Replace Scanner module.
- Turn on URL redirects module and click "Save configuration" on the "Settings" tab.
- Add breadcrumbs and site affiliation.
- Enter a title on the home page that describes the site instead of something generic like "home", "about" or "welcome".
- Check that page URLs match or are similar to the page titles and words in the URL are separated with hyphens.
- Check that images have proper alt text and have short descriptive names with words separated with hyphens.
- Check that anchor text describes the content it's linking to instead of being something generic like "click here" or "more" (when possible).
- Check that headings are used in proper order and are not linked — unless it's obvious they're clickable like in a news feed.
- Indent and format CSS and HTML following the style guide.
- Run a Web Audit report and correct errors and spelling notices.