SEO Keyword Research Topics
- How to use Google Analytics and Search Console to see which keyword phrases your site is ranking for in search.
- How to use that information to improve your site’s SEO.
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It’s the process for making your site more visible in Search Engines.
One of the ways to do this is by optimizing your page content for relevant keywords.
What is Keyword Research?
Finding phrases people type in search engines that are relevant to the content on your webpage.
What to Look for
- High enough search volume (approx.: 1000/month or more)
- Low Competition
- Close to ranking on page one
- Non-branded terms
- Made up of three to five words (long tail)
According to Google you don't have to worry about optimizing for every form of a keyword
- Singular and plural
- Combinations of the root word (fishing and fish)
- Synonyms (car and automobile)
However, when doing keyword research if you find you're not ranking well for other forms of your keyword, it's ok to optimize for multiple forms, as long as it's done in a way that reads naturally.
Add your site's search console property and link it to your google analytics account.
In Google Analytics go to ACQUISITION>Search Console
- View clicks, impressions, CTR and average position
- View data for landing pages, countries, devices and queries
- Filter by date and select secondary dimensions