Written by: Haley Steinkuhler | IANR Media
Table of Contents
Statement of Purpose
This document is intended to outline the way in which faculty and staff within IANR share the news of their specific area. With a streamlined workflow, IANR communications has the potential to reach a broader audience.
Are you working on a project that would be of interest to the public? Is there a big event coming up in your area? Did a faculty member receive a research grant? The following steps will outline how you can share this news with an internal and/or external audience.
- Step 1: Gather all details relating to what you want to share, including identifying who you would like to reach with this message. If you’re requesting a news release, please draft a release for Haley Steinkuhler, IANR Media Specialist, to edit.
- Step 2: Send this information to the communications contact in your area. If there is no contact in your area, send the details directly to Haley firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Step 3: Once the information is received she will review the content and identify how the information should be shared (news release, event calendar, website, social media, etc.).
- Step 4: She will assist you with sharing the content in appropriate areas to reach the targeted audience. Below are the channels where news could potentially be shared.
- IANR calendar
- UNL Today
- IANR News Now
- News Release
- Social Media Postings
- IANR News website
Improve the reach and exposure of what is happening at the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources and continue to position IANR as a leader in the U.S. land-grant university system in agriculture, natural resources and human sciences. This will be achieved through increasing the awareness of the opportunities and experiences at IANR by highlighting activities, research, activities and experts.
This document can be used by anyone within IANR that wants to share a message with an internal or external audience. IANR key audiences are outlined below.
- Internal – IANR faculty, staff, UNL stakeholders
- External – Students, local media outlets, scientific journals, Nebraska community members
A more efficient process to share news and events, allowing faculty and staff to submit content to one place rather than submitting the same content to multiple channels.
Faculty and staff will have a dedicated resource to help get their message to a larger audience.
Newly formed partnerships will allow for collaboration, content and theme development and assist with increasing the reach of the messaging.
Internal audiences will become more aware of current initiatives and happenings at IANR with streamlined communication.
With consistent naming, structure, voice and use of outlets, external audiences will become more familiar to each area within IANR.